jump to search box
(no search term entered)
(no limits selected)
More about this book at Google Books
Browse by call number:
E183.7 .A57 2012
The American character and foreign ...
Green Library » E183.7 .A545 1986
American foreign relations, a histo...
SAL3 (off-campus storage) » E183.7 .A56
America's global influence
Green Library » E183.7 .A57 2012
Green Library » E183.7 .A58 2004
Evangelicals and American foreign p...
Amstutz, Mark R.
Green Library » E183.7 .A64 2014
Show full page
America's global influence / Noël Merino, book editor.
At the Library
E183.7 .A57 2012
E183.7 .A57 2012
in-library use only
Find it at other libraries via WorldCat
Detroit : Greenhaven Press, c2012.
238 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 224-226) and index.
Chapter 1. What are some criticisms of America's global influence?
1. The George W. Bush administration caused a decline in America's reputation worldwide / John Shattuck
2. The Barack Obama administration has improved America's reputation worldwide / Pew Research Center
3. Belief in American exceptionalism should be conserved and celebrated / Richard Lowry and Ramesh Ponnuru
4. Belief in American exceptionalism is naïve and dangerous / Damon Linker
5. American leadership in the world should involve partnership / Bruce Jones, Carlos Pascual, and Stephen John Stedman
6. American should not share sovereignty with other nations / John Bolton
Chapter 2. Is US military intervention around the globe good for America?
1. US military power must be maintained for current and future interventions / Robert Kagan
2. US military power should be restrained and interventions avoided / Harvey M. Sapolsky ... [et al.]
3. Success in the Afghanistan war is necessary to protect America's reputation / Peter Brookes
4. Continuing the war in Afghanistan will harm America's reputation / Doug Bandow
5. The United States should promote democracy to remain powerful / John M. Owen IV
6. The United States should not promote democracy in the Islamic world / Andrew C. McCarthy
Chapter 3. Are current US economic policies a good use of America's global influence?
1. Economic sanctions on Iran are effective and should be increased / James Phillips
2. Economic sanctions on Iran are ineffective and should be decreased / Joy Gordon
3. US foreign aid does more harm than good / Ian Vasquez
4. US foreign aid is effective and should not be cut / Laurie A. Garrett
Chapter 4. What is the global impact of American culture?
1. American culture is no longer the dominant culture in the world / Richard Pells
2. The widespread export of American culture leads to anti-Americanism / The Economist
3. The existence of a uniform global material culture masks differences / Luis Martinez-Fernandez
4. The export of American culture is increasingly harming America's reputation / Mortimer B. Zuckerman
5. America could improve its image by exporting finer cultural entertainment / Martha Bayles.
Presents essays with opposing viewpoints on how America has used its influence to achieve a global position through a mix of hard power and soft power.
Opposing viewpoints series
Opposing viewpoints series (Unnumbered)
Culture and globalization
Compare in Socrates
. Stanford, California 94305. (650) 725-1064.
Opt Out of Analytics
jump to top