Human molecular genetics
- Strachan, T.
- 4th ed.
- New York : Garland Science, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxv, 781 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- BIO-118-01 -- Genetic Analysis of Biological Processes
- Simon, Michael
Request at circulation desk
QH431 .S787 2011
On Reserve 2-hour loan
- Unknown QH431 .S787 2011
- Read, Andrew P., 1939-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Nucleic acid structure and gene expression
- Chromosome structure and function
- Genes in pedigrees and populations
- Cells and cell-cell communication
- Principles of development
- Amplifying DNA : cell-based DNA cloning and PCR
- Nucleic acid hybridization : principles and applications
- Analyzing the structure and expression of genes and genomes
- Organization of the human genome
- Model organisms, comparative genomics, and evolution
- Human gene expression
- Studying gene function in the post-genome era
- Human genetic variability and its consequences
- Genetic mapping of mendelian characters
- Mapping genes conferring susceptibility to complex diseases
- Identifying human disease genes and susceptibility factors
- Cancer genetics
- Genetic testing of individuals
- Pharmacogenetics, personalized medicine and population screening
- New approaches to therapy
- Genetic manipulation of animals for modeling disease and investigating gene function
- Genetic approaches to treating disease.
- This work provides guidance on the principles underlying modern human molecular genetics. This new edition has been updated to take account of the changes in our understanding of this field since the late 1990s.
- Tom Strachan and Andrew Read.
- Rev. ed. of: Human molecular genetics 3 / Tom Strachan and Andrew Read. 3rd ed. c2004.