Mentor : guiding the journey of adult learners
- Daloz, Laurent A.
- 2nd ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxxii, 286 p. ; 25 cm.
LC5225 .M45 D35 2012
- Unknown LC5225 .M45 D35 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 269-278) and index.
- Foreword v Lois Zachary Preface to the Original Edition ix Preface xix The Author xxxi Part One: Adult Learning as Development 1 First Shards: The Search for Meaning as a Motive for Learning 3 2 Mentors, Myths, and Metamorphosis: Education as a Transformational Journey 17 3 Maps of Transformation: How Adults Change and Develop 43 Part Two: Learning as a Transformative Journey 4 The Deep and Savage Way: The Unsettling First Steps of an Educational Journey 89 5 The Dynamic of Transformation: How Learning Changes the Learner 125 6 Returning Home: Helping Adults Integrate New Insights 147 Part Three: Fostering Adult Learning 7 The Ecology of Adult Learning: Barriers and Incentives to Learning and Growth 181 8 The Yoda Factor: Guiding Adults Through Difficult Transitions 203 9 The Art of the Mentor: Limits and Possibilities 231 Afterword 249 Notes 263 References 269 Appendix 279 Index 281.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- With a new introduction and afterword, this revised second edition is a practical, engaging exploration of mentoring and its power to transform learning. Filled with inspiring vignettes, Mentor shows how anyone who teaches can become a successful mentor to students. Topics covered include adult learning and development; the search for meaning as a motive for learning; education as a transformational journey; how adults change and develop; how learning changes the learner; barriers and incentives to learning and growth; and guiding adults through difficult transitions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Laurent A. Daloz.
- "With new foreward, preface, and afterword."
- Previous ed.: Effective teaching and mentoring. 1986.
- Related Work
- Daloz, Laurent A. Effective teaching and mentoring.