Introduction to air transport economics : from theory to applications
- Vasigh, Bijan.
- 2nd. ed.
- Farnham, Surrey ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxxix, 472 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
HE9803 .A5 V37 2013
- Unknown HE9803 .A5 V37 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: The evolving air transport industry-- Principles of economics-- Supply and demand: analysis in the airline industry-- Cost and production analysis: the general concepts-- Aviation infrastructure: operations and ownership-- International economics and aviation-- Open skies and global alliances-- Pure market structure and monopolistic markets-- Hybrid market structure and the aviation industry-- Aviation forecasting and regression analysis-- Dynamic pricing policy and revenue management-- low cost and start-up airlines-- The economics of aviation safety and security-- An overview of macroeconomics for managers-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Introduction to Air Transport Economics: From Theory to Applications uniquely merges the institutional and technical aspects of the aviation industry with their theoretical economic underpinnings. In one comprehensive textbook it applies economic theory to all aspects of the aviation industry, bringing together the numerous and informative articles and institutional developments that have characterized the field of airline economics in the last two decades as well as adding a number of areas original to an aviation text. Its integrative approach offers a fresh point of view that will find favor with many students of aviation.The book offers a self-contained theory and applications-oriented text for any individual intent on entering the aviation industry as a practicing professional in the management area. It will be of greatest relevance to undergraduate and graduate students interested in obtaining a more complete understanding of the economics of the aviation industry. It will also appeal to many professionals who seek an accessible and practical explanation of the underlying economic forces that shape the industry.The second edition has been extensively updated throughout. It features new coverage of macroeconomics for managers, expanded analysis of modern revenue management and pricing decisions, and also reflects the many significant developments that have occurred since the original's publication. Instructors will find this modernized edition easier to use in class, and suitable to a wider variety of undergraduate or graduate course structures, while industry practitioners and all readers will find it more intuitively organized and more user friendly.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Bijan Vasigh, Ken Fleming & Thomas Tacker.
- Title Variation
- Air transport economics