An analysis of new Cal Grant eligibility rules
- Sacramento, CA : Legislative Analyst's Office, 2013.
- Physical description
- 20 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
LB2337.5 .C2 A63 2013
- Unknown LB2337.5 .C2 A63 2013
- Publication date
- [prepared by Judith Heiman, and reviewed by Jennifer Kuhn].
- Title Variation
- Cal Grant eligibility rules
- Cover title.
- "January 7, 2013."
- "Mac Taylor, Legislative Analyst."
- "In response to concerns about the quality of some postsecondary institutions, California recently adopted new eligibility standards for colleges participating in the Cal Grant programs. Colleges with a substantial proportion of students taking out federal student loans must now meet two new eligibility criteria. Specifically, these colleges must maintain three-year cohort default rates below 15.5 percent and graduation rates above 30 percent. The legislation making these eligibility changes required our office to monitor initial implementation of those changes and analyze the state's other options for measuring institutional quality"--P. 3.
- Also available online.