International law and freshwater : the multiple challenges
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar, c2013.
- Physical description
- xix, 463 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- New horizons in environmental and energy law.
K3498 .I58 2013
- Unknown K3498 .I58 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Laurence Boisson de Chazournes, Christina Leb, and Mara Tignino
- The law of international watercourses : achievements and challenges / Lucius Caflisch
- Water security, perceptions and politics : the context for international watercourse negotiations / David Grey and Dustin Garrick
- Water and sanitation as human rights : why does it matter? / Catarina de Albuquerque
- Water rights of indigenous peoples and local communities / Dinah Shelton
- Do people have rights in boundaries' delimitations? / Marcelo Kohen and Mara Tignino
- The codification of universal norms : a means to promote cooperation and equity? / Stephen C. McCaffrey
- A scalable approach towards realizing tangible benefits in transboundary river basins and regions / Jakob Granit and Marius Claasen
- Regional contributions to international water cooperation : the UNECE contribution / Attila Tanzi
- Transboundary water resources and international law : the example of the aquifer management of the Geneva region (Switzerland and France) / Gabriel de los Cobos
- The Guaraní Aquifer Framework Agreement (2010) / Lilian del Castillo-Laborde
- The Senegal River legal regime and its contribution to the development of the law of international watercourses in Africa / Makane Moïse Mbengue
- The contribution of procedural rules to the environmental protection of transboundary rivers in light of recent ICJ case law / Owen McIntyre
- WTO and trade in natural resources / Valerie Hughes and Gabrielle Marceau
- Virtual water, "land grab" and international law / Ellen Hey
- Competing water use in large-scale commercial farms : Ethiopia / Bahakal Abate Yimer
- Do judicial decisions settle water-related disputes? / Awn S. Al-Khasawneh
- Mediation of international water disputes : the Indus, the Jordan, and the Nile Basins interventions / Salman M.A. Salman
- India and Pakistan's truculent cooperation : can it continue? / Undala Alam
- State succession to water treaties : uncertain streams / Christina Leb and Mara Tignino.
- Publication date
- edited by Laurence Boisson de Chazournes, Christina Leb, Mara Tignino.
- New horizons in environmental and energy law
- Papers from a conference held in Geneva in July 2011.