The sublease and assignment deskbook : legal issues, forms, and drafting techniques for commercial lease transfers
- 2nd ed.
- Chicago, Ill. : Section of Real Property, Trust, & Estate Law, ABA, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxxviii, 540 p. : forms ; 26 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Library has: 1 v.
- Library has: Supplement: +1 cd-
KF593 .C6 S83 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Differences of assignments and subleases at law and other basics of lease transfers / Ann Peldo Cargile and Michael B. Noble
- Overview of assignment and subleasing issues in commercial leases / Michael N. Samuels
- Dealing with distressed tenants : a case study / David Weisman
- Sublease due diligence / Brent C. Shaffer
- Impact of subleasing and assignment clauses on transfers of businesses / Jack S. Levey
- The implied duty of landlord reasonableness in consents to assignments and subleases / Thomas C. Barbuti
- Decisions applying the reasonable consent standard to assignments / Brent C. Shaffer
- Changes in tenant composition : conflicting goals and needs of landlord and tenant / Neil E. Botwinoff
- Case law regarding impact of lease assignment language on business restructurings / Brent C. Shaffer
- Issues affecting original tenant after assignment / Thomas C. Barbuti and Susan A. Winchurch
- Default by assignee of tenant : rights and obligations of the parties / Bruce E. Cavitt
- Enforceability of clauses providing for profit-sharing and termination rights upon transfer request / Ann Peldo Cargile
- Enforceability of termination clauses upon tenant breach of transfer restrictions / Ann Peldo Cargile
- Tenant strategy upon transfer prohibition / Bruce E. Cavitt
- Overlandlord consents and recognition agreements / Ira Meislik
- Subleasing a portion of the premises / Robert M. Schlein
- Lease transfer requirements of specific types of tenants / Nancy Ann Connery
- Bankruptcies and subleased properties : an overview of the issues / Brian S. Harris
- Effects of the sublessor's bankruptcy / Elliot Dolby-Shields and Marshall Tracht
- Assignments of retail leases in bankruptcy / Susan G. Talley and Heather B. McGowan
- How lease language creates common and uncommon assignment/subletting problems / Ira Meislik
- Drafting the sublease / Richard M. Frome
- Drafting the prime lease assignment and subletting clause / Richard M. Frome
- Dissecting the typical tenant merger clause / Richard M. Frome
- Drafting the lease to maintain landlord control in a shopping center tenant's bankruptcy / Susan G. Talley and Heather B. McGowan.
- Publication date
- Brent C. Shaffer, editor.
- System requirements for accompanying CD-ROM: installed software capable of reading PDFs and MS Word files; CD-ROM drive.