Mass spectrometry for drug discovery and drug development [electronic resource]
- Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (478 p.)
- Wiley-Interscience series on mass spectrometry.
- Korfmacher, Walter A.
- PREFACE Walter A. Korfmacher CONTRIBUTORS 1 Overview of the Various Types of Mass Spectrometers that are Used in Drug Discovery and Drug Development 1 Gerard Hopfgartner 2 Utility of High Resolution Mass Spectrometry for New Drug Discovery Applications William Bart Emary and Nanyan Rena Zhang 3 Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Considerations in a Regulated Environment Mohammed Jemal and Yuan-Qing Xia 4 Mass Spectrometry for Quantitative in Vitro ADME Assays Jun Zhang and Wilson Z. Shou 5 Metabolite Identification Using Mass Spectrometry in Drug Development Natalia Penner, Joanna Zgoda-Pols and Chandra Prakash 6 MS Analysis of Biological Drugs, Proteins and Peptides Yi Du, John Mehl and Pavlo Pristatsky 7 Characterization of Impurities and Degradation Products in Small Molecule Pharmaceuticals and Biologics Hui Wei, Guodong Chen and Adrienne A. Tymiak 8 Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA): a New Mass Spectrometry-Based Technique for Ambient Surface Profiling Dan Eikel and Jack Henion 9 MS Applications in Support of Medicinal Chemistry Sciences Maarten Honing, Benno Ingelse and Birendra N. Pramanik 10 Imaging Mass Spectrometry of Proteins and Peptides Michelle L. Reyzer and Richard M. Caprioli 11 Imaging Mass Spectrometry for Drugs and Metabolites Stacey R. Oppenheimer 12 Screening Reactive Metabolites: Role of Liquid Chromatography-High Resolution Mass Spectrometry in Combination with 'Intelligent' Data Mining Tools Shuguang Ma and Swapan K. Chowdhury 13 Mass Spectrometry of siRNA Mark Cancilla and Mike Flanagan 14 Mass Spectrometry for Metabolomics Petia Shipkova and Michael D. Reily 15 Quantitative Analysis of Peptides with Mass Spectrometry: Selected Reaction Monitoring or High Resolution Full Scan? Lieve Dillen and Filip Cuyckens Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Facilitates the discovery and development of new, effective therapeuticsWith coverage of the latest mass spectrometry technology, this book explains how mass spectrometry can be used to enhance almost all phases of drug discovery and drug development, including new and emerging applications. The book's fifteen chapters have been written by leading pharmaceutical and analytical scientists. Their contributions are based on a thorough review of the current literature as well as their own experience developing new mass spectrometry techniques to improve the ability to discover and develop new and effective therapeutics."Mass Spectrometry for Drug Discovery and Drug Development" begins with an overview of the types of mass spectrometers that facilitate drug discovery and development. Next it covers: HPLC-high-resolution mass spectrometry for quantitative assaysMass spectrometry for siRNAQuantitative analysis of peptidesMass spectrometry analysis of biological drugsApplications that support medicinal chemistry investigationsMass spectrometry imaging and profilingThroughout the book, detailed examples underscore the growing role of mass spectrometry throughout the drug discovery and development process. In addition, images of mass spectra are provided to explain how results are interpreted. Extensive references at the end of each chapter guide readers to the primary literature in the field."Mass Spectrometry for Drug Discovery and Drug Development" is recommended for readers in pharmaceutics, including medicinal chemists, analytical chemists, and drug metabolism scientists. All readers will discover how mass spectrometry can streamline and advance new drug discovery and development efforts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Walter A. Korfmacher.
- Wiley Series on Mass Spectrometry
- Available in another form
- Print version: 9780470942383