QH506 .M45 V.956
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.956
- Yang, Yinong, 1962-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Rice artificial hybridization for genetic analysis / Xueyan Sha
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization techniques for cytogenetic and genomic analyses / Jason G. Walling, Wenli Zhang, and Jiming Jiang
- Generation of rice mutants by chemical mutagenesis / Thomas H. Tai
- TILLING and ecotilling for rice / Jennifer L. Cooper ... [et al.]
- Functional characterization of rice genes using a gene-indexed T-DNA insertional mutant population / Ki-Hong Jung and Gynheung An
- QTL analysis and map-based cloning of salt tolerance gene in rice / Ji-Ping Gao and Hong-Xuan Lin
- Site-specific gene integration in rice / Vibha Srivastava
- Transcriptome profiling analysis using rice oligonucleotide microarrays / Ki-Hong Jung and Pamela C. Ronald
- Cloning of small RNAs for the discovery of novel microRNAs in plants / Guru Jagadeeswaran and Ramanjulu Sunkar
- Global identification of small RNA targets in plants by sequencing sliced ends of messenger RNAs / Yong-Fang Li and Ramanjulu Sunkar
- Artificial microRNAs for specific gene silencing in rice / Norman Warthmann ... [et al.]
- Rice proteomic analysis : sample preparation for protein identification / Ganesh Kumar Agrawal ... [et al.]
- Quantification of jasmonic and salicylic acids in rice seedling leaves / Kyoungwon Cho ... [et al.]
- Analysis of insect-induced volatiles from rice / Nan Zhao ... [et al.]
- Phenotypic and physiological evaluation for drought and salinity stress responses in rice / Utlwang Batlang ... [et al.]
- Phenotypic, physiological, and molecular evaluation of rice chilling stress response at the vegetative stage / Benildo G. de los Reyes ... [et al.]
- Analysis of rice root hair morphology using cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Zhiming Yu
- Inoculation and virulence assay for bacterial blight and bacterial leaf streak of rice / Bing Yang and Adam Bogdanove
- Inoculation and scoring methods for rice sheath blight disease / Yulin Jia ... [et al.]
- Molecular approaches to improve rice abiotic stress tolerance / Junya Mizoi and Kazuko Yamaguchi-Shinozaki
- Molecular strategies to improve rice disease resistance / Emily E. Helliwell and Yinong Yang
- Molecular strategies to engineer transgenic rice seed compartments for large-scale production of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Trevor Greenham and Illimar Altosaar.
- Publisher's Summary
- With the completion of a finished rice genome sequence, increasing efforts have focused on functional characterization of rice genes, elucidation of the underlying mechanisms involved in major agronomic traits (e.g., high yield, grain quality, abiotic stress tolerance, and disease resistance), and the subsequent translation of genomic knowledge into agricultural productivity via molecular breeding and improved cultural practice. To meet increasing interest in this field, Rice Protocols has been compiled to provide a series of core techniques and approaches commonly used in studying rice molecular biology and functional genomics. These approaches include genetic and molecular techniques such as artificial hybridization, fluorescence in situ hybridization, generation and characterization of chemical and T-DNA insertional mutants, quantitative trait loci (QTLs) analysis and map-based cloning, site-specific transgene integration, and artificial microRNA-mediated gene silencing, along with a variety of "omics" techniques. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easy to use, Rice Protocols will prove useful for both beginners and experienced researchers whether they are molecular biologists who want to study rice plants or rice researchers who are interested in learning molecular techniques.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Yinong Yang.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 956
- Springer protocols