Nanotechnology for nucleic acid delivery : methods and protocols
QH506 .M45 V.948
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.948
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Toxicological Aspects for Nanomaterial in Humans Maria Dusinska, Zuzana Magdolenova, and Lise Marie Fjellsbo 2. Lactate Dehydrogenase Assasy for Assessment of Polycation Cytotoxicity Ladan Parhamifar, Helene Andersen, and S. Moein Moghimi 3. Combined Fluorimetric Caspase 3/7 Assay and Bradford Protein Determincation for Assessment of Polycation-Mediated Cytotoxicity Anna K. Larsen, Arnaldur Hall, Henrik Lundsgart, and S. Moein Moghimi 4. Anti-PEG IgM Production Via a PEGylated Nano-Carrier System for Nucleic Acid Delivery Masako Ichihara, Naoto Moriyoshi, Amr S. Abu Lila, Tatsuhiro Ishida, and Hiroshi Kiwada 5. Near-Infrared Optical Imaging of Nucleic Acid Nanocarrier In Vivo Claire Rome, Julien Gravier, Marie Morille, Gilles Divita, Anne-Laure Bolcato-Bellemin, Veronique Josserand, Jean-Luc Coll 6. Lipids for Nucleic Acid Delivery: Synthesis and Particle Formantion Michel Bessodes and Nathalie Mignet 7. Histidine-Rich Cationic Amphipathic Peptides for Plasmid DNA and siRNA Delivery Antoine Kichler, A. James Mason, Arnaud Marquette, and Burkhard Bechinger 8. Synthesis of Polyethylenimine Based Nanocarriers for Systemic Tumor Targeting of Nucleic Acids Wolfgang Rodl, David Schaffert, Ernst Wagner, and Manfred Ogris 9. Synthesis of Bioreducible Polycations with Controlled Topologies Ye-Zi You, Jun-Jie Yan, Zhi-Qiang Yu, and David Oupicky 10. Lyophilization of Synthetic Gene Carriers Julia Christina Kasper, Sarah Kuchler, and Wolfgang Friess 11. Surface-and Hydrogel-Mediated Delivert of Nucleic Acid Nanoparticles Angela K. Pannier and Tatiana Segura 12. Layer-by-Layer Assembled Gold Nanoparticles for the Delivery of Nucleic Acids Eva-Christina Wurster, Asmaa Elbakry, Achim Gopferich, and Miriam Breunig 13. In Situ AFM Analysis Investigating Disassembly of DNA Nanoparticles and Nano-Films Yi Zou, Lei Wan, Jenifer Blacklock, David Oupicky, and Guangzhao Mao 14. Enhancing Nucleic Acid Delivery with Ultrasound and Microbubbles Steven K. Cool, Bart Geers, Ine Lentacker, Stefaan C. De Smedt, and Niek N. Sanders 15. Magnetic And Acoustically Active Microbubbles Loaded with Nucleic Acids for Gene Delivery Dialecthi Vlaskou, Christian Plank, and Olga Mykhaylyk 16. Synthesis of Lipidic Magnetic Nanoparticles for Nucleic Acid Delivery Yoshihisa Namiki 17. Lipopeptide Delivery of siRNA to the Central Nervous System Mark D. Zabel 18. Flow Cytometry-Based Cell Type-Specific Assessment of Target Regulation by Pulmonary siRNA Delivery Olivia M. Merkel, Leigh M. Marsh, Holger Garn, and Thomas Kissel 19. Liver-Targeted Gene Delivery Through Retrograde Intrabiliary Infusion Xuan Jiang, Yong Ren, John-Michael Williford, Zhiping Li, and Hai-Quan Mao.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Nanotechnology and nucleic acid based therapies are two emerging fields in science whose combination has the potential to improve quality of life for patients suffering from various diseases that can so far only be treated in an unsatisfactory way. Nucleic acids offer the potential for highly selective treatment of such diseases or the highly specific modulation of gene expression with RNA interference. A key issue for successful nucleic acid therapies is the availability of a suitable delivery system. Here, the field of nanotechnology offers a multitude of possibilities to develop nanosized delivery vectors tailor-made for various local and systemic approaches. In Nanotechnology for Nucleic Acid Delivery: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field cover the area of nanoparticulate delivery of nucleic acids in terms of biosafety, particle synthesis as well as its application in cell culture. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Nanotechnology for Nucleic Acid Delivery: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve both professionals and novices with its well-honed methodologies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Manfred Ogris, David Oupicky.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 948
- Springer protocols