The regulation of managed care organizations and the doctor-patient relationship : a conference
- Chicago, Ill. : University of Chicago Press, c2002.
- Physical description
- p. 527-758 : ill. ; 23 cm.
KF1183 .A75 R44 2002
- Unknown KF1183 .A75 R44 2002
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction: Managed care in perspective / by Richard A. Epstein and Mark Siegler
- Health care fraud and abuse : market change, social norms, and the trust "reposed in the workmen" / by David A. Hyman
- An economic explanation for fraud and abuse in public medical care programs / by Roger Feldman
- Health care fraud and abuse: a tale of behavior induced by payment structure / by Arti K. Rai
- Hospitalists and the doctor-patient relationship / by David Meltzer
- Commentary of hospitalists and the doctor-patient relationship / by Harold C. Sox
- Response to David Meltzer's paper "Hospitalists and the doctor-patient relationship" / by Robert M. Wachter
- The assault on managed care : vicarious liability, ERISA preemption, and class actions / by Richard A. Epstein and Alan O. Sykes
- Comments on "The assault on managed care : vicarious liability, ERISA preemption, and class actions" / by Patricia Danzon and Frank Sloan
- In the eye of the storm : a regulator's perspective on managed care organization liability / by Nathaniel S. Shapo
- Medical privacy and research / by Norman M. Bradburn
- Comments on privacy and medicine / by Mike Koetting
- Privacy and medicine : a comment / by Cass R. Sunstein
- Managed care, health care quality, and regulation / by Laurence C. Baker and Mark B. McClellan
- The effect of managed care penetration on treatment patterns / by John Cawley
- Managed care and the quality of health care : a misguided debate? / by Tomas Philipson.
- Publication date
- sponsored by the University of Chicago Law School, the Division of Biological Sciences, and the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics.
- Conference held at University of Chicago Law School, December 8-9, 2000.
- Symposium issue of The journal of legal studies, v. 30, no. 2 pt. 2 (June 2001).
- Cover title.
- Related Work
- Journal of legal studies (Chicago, Ill.)