Educational leadership : building bridges among ideas, schools, and nations
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Pub., c2012.
- Physical description
- xxxv, 368 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Educational leadership for social justice.
LB2806 .E421 2012
- Unknown LB2806 .E421 2012
- Boske, Christa.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Educational Leadership: Building Bridges Among Ideas, Schools, and Nations breaks new ground by connecting many ideas to educational leadership that have traditionally been discussed as part of leaders' contexts by connecting them and showing how international issues can unite scholars and educators in action. The book draws on the authors' extensive experiences in U.S. public schools, research in the field of educational leadership, and programmatic practices to prepare school leaders to commit themselves to social justice. The book provides a forum for this important work in the ongoing conversation about equity and excellence in education, and the role(s) leadership can assume in building bridges among ideas, people, and educational organizations. Chapters center on creating spaces for vigorous dialogue. Authors call upon scholars and practitioners to reconsider their intent to empower those who live on the margins. The dynamic approaches discussed throughout the book urge school leaders, teachers, school community members, and those who prepare administrators to look within and build bridges between themselves and those they serve.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Christa Boske.
- Educational leadership for social justice