Contemporary issues in construction in developing countries
- London ; New York : Spon Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 494 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
HD9715 .D442 C67 2012
- Unknown HD9715 .D442 C67 2012
- Ofori, George.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Economic growth and socio-economic development are particularly important for developing countries, and the construction industry plays a central role in driving both of these.Traditionally the issues faced have been assumed to be merely offshoots of those encountered in industrialised nations and are usually discussed only in this context. And research in construction management and economics has generally failed to take proper account of the unique or highly emphasised characteristics of the industries in developing countries or their economic and social environment. This volume challenges underlying assumptions and focuses on the distinct characteristics of construction in developing countries. In so doing it considers the issues from the perspective of developing countries to present a strong contemporary picture for researchers.It forms a companion volume to New Perspectives on Construction in Developing Countries which provides an update on the generic subjects relating to the construction industry in developing countries and covers new concepts and issues"-- Provided by publisher.
- "This volume challenges underlying assumptions and focuses on the distinct characteristics of construction in developing countries. In so doing it considers the issues from the perspective of developing countries to present a strong contemporary picture for researchers"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- edited by George Ofori.