Forest school for all
- London ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, 2011.
- Physical description
- xv, 256 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LB1047 .F67 2011
- Unknown LB1047 .F67 2011
- Knight, Sara, 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The United Kingdom Forest School is a way of working in an outdoor environment, preferably but not exclusively in wooded settings. This is based on the premise that repeated enjoyable outdoor experiences will have a positive effect on people, including their potential dispositions for learning and personal change. Forest school is now being used with a wide range of different age groups and in many different settings.
- "Forest School is now being used with a wide range of different age groups and in many different settings, and it can address issues such as obesity, public health and social wellbeing. This book includes case studies that will help to demonstrate how to run Forest School sessions with: children in older primary classes; secondary schools; children in urban environments; special schools; young people in residential homes; school refusers; young people who have been excluded; adults with autistic-spectrum disorders; family centres."--Publisher description.
- Publication date
- edited by Sara Knight.