Hemp : industrial production and uses
- Uniform Title
- Chanvre industriel. English.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK ; Cambridge, MA : CABI, c2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 313 p. : ill. ; 25 cm
SB255 .C4713 2013
- Unknown SB255 .C4713 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Hemp: A Plant with a Worldwide Distribution 2. The History of Hemp 3. Physiology and Botany of Industrial Hemp 4. Genetics and Selection of Hemp 5. Factors Affecting the Yield of Industrial Hemp - Experimental Results from France 6. Hemp Agronomics and Cultivation 7. Legislative Controls on the Cultivation of Hemp 8. The Agricultural Economics of Hemp 9. The Industrial Hemp Economy 10. Integrated Quality Management for Bast Fibres in Technical Applications 11. Use of Natural Fibres in Composites for German Automotive Production from 1999 till 2005 12. Increasing Demand for European Hemp Fibres 13. Hemp in Paper Making 14. Hemp and Plastics 15. Medicinal Uses of Hemp 16. Hemp Seeds for Nutrition 17. Hemp and the Construction Industry 18. The Uses of Hemp for Domestic Animals 19. Chemical and Morphological Differences in Hemp Varieties 20. Hemp Production outside the EU - Eastern Europe and North America 21. The Role of Hemp in Sustainable Development.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Hemp production for industrial purposes continues to grow worldwide, and is currently being used for many applications including house insulation, paper making, animal bedding, fabric, rope making and also as a biofuel. This book brings together international experts to examine all aspects of industrial hemp production, including the origins of hemp production, as well as the botany and anatomy, genetics and breeding, quality assessment, regulations, and the agricultural and industrial economics of hemp production. A translation of "Le Chanvre Industriel, " this book has been revised and updated for an international audience and is essential reading for producers of industrial hemp, industry personnel and agriculture researchers and students. Published in French by Editions Agricole France (2006).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Pierre Bouloc, Serge Allegret, and Laurent Arnaud ; translated from orginal French text by Glen Cousquer.
- Translation of: Le chanvre industriel : production et utilisations.