The encyclopedia of ancient history
- Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
- Physical description
- 13 v. (cxliv, 7,492 p.) : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
- Bagnall, Roger S.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Thematic list of entries. List of contributors. Preface. List of abbreviations. Maps. Entries in alphabetical order. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Unmatched in scholarship and diversity, The Encyclopedia of Ancient History is the definitive reference work for the study of the ancient world, available both in print and online. This ambitious 13-volume reference work, presented in A-Z format: * Includes over 5000 entries ranging from 250-5000 words * Is written and edited by an internationally diverse team of editors and contributors* Provides clear, concise, definitions and explanations of the key people, places, and events in ancient history* Spans the late Bronze Age through the seventh century CE * Covers the entire ancient Mediterranean world including the Near East and Egypt * Is extensively illustrated with hundreds of photographs, figures, and maps In addition, the online version offers: * Regular revisions and new entries *24/7 access to the most authoritative and up-to-date scholarship in the study of the ancient world * An easy-to-use interface, intuitive navigation, and powerful searching and browsing capabilities, * Full text HTML content or downloadable PDFs* Reference linking and options to export to reference managers* Content sharing through Facebook, Twitter, CiteULike and other social networking sites.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Roger S. Bagnall ... [et al.].