Youth and skills : putting education to work
- Paris : UNESCO, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 465 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
- EFA global monitoring report ; 2012.
- Library has: 1 v. + summary
L10 .E33 2012
L10 .E33 2012 SUPPL
LC5161 .Y68 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 410-447) and index.
- Part 1. Monitoring progress towards the EFA goals
- Ch. 1. The six EFA goals
- Ch. 2. Financing education for all
- Part 2. Putting education to work
- Ch. 3. Youth, skills and work - building stronger foundations
- Ch. 4. Investing in skills for prosperity
- Ch. 5. Secondary education - paving the way to work
- Ch. 6. Skills for urban youth - a chance for a better future
- Ch. 7. Skills for rural youth - an escape route from poverty
- Youth skills: pathways to a better future
- "Many young people around the world -- especially the disadvantaged -- are leaving school without the skills they need to thrive in society and find decent jobs. As well as thwarting young people's hopes, these education failures are jeopardizing equitable economic growth and social cohesion, and preventing many countries from reaping the potential benefits of their growing youth populations. The 2012 Education for All Global Monitoring Report examines how skills development programmes can be improved to boost young people's opportunities for decent jobs and better lives."--Publisher's description
- Publication date
- EFA global monitoring report ; 2012