The NGOisation of education : case studies from Benin
LA1821 .B46 F53 2012
- Unknown LA1821 .B46 F53 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- States at wokk, INGOs and the normative dimension of development : an introduction to terms, concepts and methods. Opening the black box : the state as a building site ; "They can help my mama" : International non-governmental organisations in theory and practice ; The translocal chain of norm promotion or development aid as a deal with shared expectations of behaviour ; Research design : a multi-temporal and multi-sited endeavour ; Methods : formal interviews, sitting in classrooms, chasing statistics, and hanging around ; Roles of the researcher : negotiating access up, down and sideways
- Managing education reform in Benin : an INGO case study set in Parakou. Education reforms as building sites of the State ; Building ground or battlefield? : the new study programmes ; Disciplining the State : an attempt to optimise the new study Programme's implementation with the primary education teacher's training programme
- Managing education for all in Benin : Three INGO case Studies set in Nikki and a brief comparison With Karimama. Nikki : a "problematic" school district as a building site of the State ; The creation of the education for all imperative and its national and local appropriations ; The installation of a municipal education committee by Aide et action ; Education first and for all : the education first project ; Feeding the state : the Catholic relief services' school canteens ; Including, bypassing and feeding the state : INGOs in Nikki ; A change in perspective : different construction workers in Karimama
- Summary and conclusion
- Publication date
- Sarah Fichtner ; with a preface by Thomas Bierschenk.
- Mainzer Beiträge zur Afrika-Forschung ; Band 31
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (doctoral)--Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, 2011.