Thelonious Monk [videorecording] : live in France 1969
- Monk, Thelonious.
- [San Diego, Calif.] : Licensed by Reelin' in the Years Productions on behalf of Ina, Institut national de l'audiovisuel ; [Stamford, Conn.] : Licensed exclusively to Mosaic Records, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (65 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jazz icons.
MDVD 1586 DISC 3
- Unknown MDVD 1586 DISC 3
- Dreamland (rehearsal)
- Monk's mood (version 1)
- 'Round midnight
- Crepuscule with Nellie
- Ugly beauty
- Monk's mood (version 2)
- Don't blame me
- Coming on the Hudson
- Nice work if you can get it.
- "In December 1969, Thelonious Monk entered a television studio in Paris ... The result was an astonishingly intimate and revealing portrait of a man and his music. Monk sits at at the piano and plays whatever occurs to him. In this case, it was nine originals and two of his favorite standards. The freedom of playing unaccompanied allows Monk to give each composition fascinating new twists and variations."--Container.
- Publication date
- executive producers, Michael Cuscuna & Fred Pustay for Mosaic Records ; producers, David Peck, Phillip Galloway & Tom Gulotta for Reelin' in the Years Productions.
- Title Variation
- Live in France 1969
- Jazz icons
- Issued in publisher's 6-disc boxed set, videorecording no.: DVBX-6001.
- Liner notes by Ethan Iverson (11 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.) inserted in container.
- Bonus: raw footage shot for the TV documentary, Jazz portrait, including soundcheck and raw interview footage with interviewer asking his questions in both English and French.
- Production Credits
- Editor, Steve Scoville.
- Thelonious Monk, piano.
- DVD; all regions; Dolby Digital mono.
- "Licensed for non-commercial private use only. Any public performance ... is strictly prohibited"--Disc label.
- Related Work
- Jazz portrait (Television program)
- Publisher Number
- DVBX-6001 Reelin' in the Years Productions
- MDVD-2002 Mosaic Records