Cassese's international criminal law.
- Uniform Title
- International criminal law
- Cassese, Antonio author.
- Third edition / revised by Antonio Cassese, Paola Gaeta, Laurel Baig, Mary Fan, Christopher Gosnell and Alex Whiting.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- lii, 414 pages ; 25 cm
K5000 .C37 2013
- Unknown K5000 .C37 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fundamentals of international criminal law
- The principal of legality
- The elements of international crimes, in particular, the mental element
- War crimes
- Crimes against humanity
- Genocide / revised by Paola Gaeta
- Torture and aggression / revised by Mary Fan
- Perpetration : in particular joint and indirect perpetration / revised by Laurel Baig
- Omission liability and superior responsibility / revised by Laurel Baig
- Other modes of criminal liability and inchoate crimes / revised by Laurel Baig
- Justification and excuses / revised by Christopher Gosnell
- Obedience to superior orders and official capacity / revised by Christopher Gosnell and Paola Gaeta
- International criminal courts
- The repression of international crimes in domestic jurisdictions / revised by Paola Gaeta
- International versus national jurisdiction / revised by Alex Whiting
- Legal impediments to the exercise of criminal jurisdiction
- The adoption of the essential features of the adversarial system / revised by Christopher Gosnell
- Investigation and trial before international criminal courts / revised by Christopher Gosnell
- Appeals and enforcement / revised by Laurel Baig.
- Provides a clear account of the main substantive and procedural aspects of international criminal law. Adopting a combination of the classic common law and more theoretical approaches to the subject, it discusses: the historical evolution of international criminal law; the legal definition of the so-called core crimes (war crimes, crimes against humanity, genocide) plus aggression, torture and terrorism; the forms and modes of criminal responsibility; and the main issues related to the prosecution and punishment of international crimes at the national and international level, including amnesties, statutes of limitations, and immunities.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Revised edition of: International criminal law, second edition, 2008.
- Other edition
- Revision of: Cassese, Antonio. International criminal law Second edition. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2008 9780199203109 (DLC) 2008007800 (OCoLC)212375909