Effective classroom turnaround : practice makes permanent
- Jensen, John, 1935-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- ix, 186 p. ; 24 cm.
LB3013 .J46 2012
- Unknown LB3013 .J46 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface Chapter 1 An Epiphany Chapter 2 Quick Start Methods Chapter 3 Communicate and Connect Chapter 4 Teach Self-Management Chapter 5 Practice Learning Chapter 6 Focus Learning Chapter 7 Replace Grading with Scoring Chapter 8 Demonstrate Learning Appendix 1 Feelings List Appendix 2 First Grade Topics Appendix 3 Fourth Grade Topics Appendix 4 Issues for Middle and High School Students Appendix 5 Advanced Topics Appendix 6 Blank Chart Appendix 7 Points and Mastery Scoreboards Appendix 8 Progress Ladder Appendix 9 Communication Skills Check Sheet Appendix 10 Individual Match Worksheet References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Effective Classroom Turnaround: Practice Makes Permanent, the third book in the Practices Makes Permanent series, contends that because students learn and behave differently, educators must thoughtfully approach them in the classroom in order to affect change. Like all humans, students respond to conditions around them. Regardless of their habits and behaviors at home or in school, educators can successfully stimulate them to approach education in a new, more positive light. Effective Classroom Turnaround offers teachers over fifty ways to generate cooperation, enthusiasm, and consistent academic success by utilizing principles of learning and motivation that are often ignored or, at best, underused even in the best schools. Embracing the idea that school reform occurs in the classroom, and not in the boardroom, this guide will effectively connect instruction with students' motivation and performance.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- John Jensen.