Proceedings of the Fourth Seattle Symposium in Biostatistics : clinical trials
- Seattle Symposium in Biostatistics (4th : 2010 : Seattle, Wash.)
- New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 249 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in statistics (Springer-Verlag). Proceedings 1205.
R853 .C55 S43 2013
- Unknown R853 .C55 S43 2013
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Biomarkers : role in the design and interpretation of clinical trials. The role and potential of surrogate outcomes in clinical trials : have we made any progress in the past decade? / David L. DeMets ; On the use of biomarkers to elucidate clinical trial results : examples from the women's health initiative / Ross L. Prentice and Shanshan Zhao ; On the use of biomarkers in vaccine research and development / Steven G. Self
- Biomarkers : issues in individualized therapy. Recent developments in the use of clinical trials to support individualizing therapies : a regulatory perspective / Robert T.O'Neill ; Oncology clinical trials in the genomic Era / Richard Simon and Jyothi Subramanian ; Using SNPs to characterize genetic effects in clinical trials / B.S. Weir
- Issues in multi-regional clinical trials. Why is this subgroup different from all other subgroups? : thoughts on regional differences in randomized clinical trials / Janet Wittes
- Safety. Quantitative risk/benefit assessment : where are we? / Christy Chuang-Stein ; Identifying and addressing safety signals in clinical trials : some issues and challenges / Thomas R. Fleming ; Past, present, and future of drug safety assessment / Robert Temple
- Special topics. Designing, monitoring, and analyzing group sequential clinical trials using the RCTdesign package for R / Daniel L. Gillen and Scott S. Emerson ; Genetic markers in clinical trials / B.S. Weir and P.J. Heagerty
- Addresses for contact authors (in the same order as the papers).
- Publication date
- Thomas R. Fleming, Bruce S. Weir, editors.
- Title Variation
- Clinical trials
- Lecture notes in statistics--Proceedings), 1869-7240 ; 1205
- Papers presented at the Fourth Seattle Symposium in Biostatics held on November 22 and 23, 2010 in Seattle, Wash.