Graecismus of Évrard de Béthune : four manuscript bifolia
- Evrard, de Béthune. Graecismus.
- Latin. In Latin
- France or Flanders: [s.n.], [mid-14th century]
- Physical description
- 4 leaves, a single leaf measures 210 x 160 mm (135 x 55 mm)
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
- In-library use MISC 1846
- Books X, verses 49–107, XI, verses 62–124, XII, verses 350–462, XIII, verses 1–19, XXIII, verses 53–210, XXVI, verses 162–274, and XXVII, verses 1–26 (ed. J. Wrobel, Corpus grammaticorum medii aevi I, Breslau, 1887, pp. 76–9, 93–6, 122–9, 208–13 and 240–7).
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- A complete leaf written in single columns of 36 lines, compact small gothic script, dark brown ink, the first letter of each line written calligraphically and set out into the margin, two 2-line initials in red, paragraph marks in alternating red and blue inks.
- Extensive contemporary marginal and interlinear glosses.
- Worn, soiled and trimmed from use in a binding,
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2013. Accession 2013-064.