Polymeric materials for solar thermal applications
- Weinheim : Wiley-VCH, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 393 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
TJ812.7 .P659 2012
- Unknown TJ812.7 .P659 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction THERMAL SOLAR ENERGY FOR POLYMER EXPERTS Principles Solar Thermal Market Solar Thermal Systems and Technical Requirements Conventional Collectors, Heat Stores and Coatings Economics Standards, Performance Tests of Solar Thermal Systems "POLYMERS" FOR SOLAR THERMAL EXPERTS Market Polymeric Materials Processing Durability for Solar Thermal Application Properties (Campus Database) and Materials Selection POLYMERIC MATERIALS IN SOLAR THERMAL APPLICATIONS State of the Art : Polymeric Materials in Solar Thermal Applications (Solar Collectors, Heat Storages, Collector Frame, Components, Synthesis) Specific Materials for Solar Thermal Application Conceptual Design of Collectors Novel Collectors and Heat Stores Durability Tests of Polymeric Components (Glazing, Absorbers, Piping, Liners) Architecturally Appealing Solar Thermal Systems: a Marketing Tool Obstacles for the Application of Current Standards.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Bridging the gap between basic science and technological applications, this is the first book devoted to polymers for solar thermal applications. Clearly divided into three major parts, the contributions are written by experts on solar thermal applications and polymer scientists alike. The first part explains the fundamentals of solar thermal energy especially for representatives of the plastics industry and researchers. Part two then goes on to provide introductory information on polymeric materials and processing for solar thermal experts. The third part combines both of these fields, discussing the potential of polymeric materials in solar thermal applications, as well as demands on durability, design and building integration. With its emphasis on applications, this monograph is relevant for researchers at universities and developers in commercial labs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Michael Köhl ... [et al.].
- "Solar Heating and Cooling"--Cover.