DNA for the defense bar.
- Washington, D.C. : National Institute of Justice, 
- Physical description
- ix, 177 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
KF8935 .D57 2012
- Unknown KF8935 .D57 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- DNA basics : the science of DNA
- Discovery : getting to know a case with DNA evidence
- DNA evidence : evaluation, assessment, and response
- DNA basics : laboratory issues
- DNA basics : understanding and evaluating test results
- DNA basics : pretrial preparation
- DNA basics : trial issues
- Delayed prosecutions, cold case hits, and CODIS
- Proactive uses of DNA.
- Appendix A. Recommendations of the Kinship and Data Analysis Panel (KADAP) to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of New York City during the World Trade Center DNA identification effort
- Appendix B. Sample personal items submission form
- Appendix C. Sample family and/or donor reference collection form
- Appendix D. Sample family tree form
- Appendix E. Guidelines for family and/or donor reference collection kit components and oral swab collection instructions
- Appendix F. Issues to consider when outsourcing reference samples
- Appendix G. Identifying victims using DNA : a guide for families
- Appendix H. Sample analysis : an overview
- Appendix I. Additional references on statistical issues in DNA identification.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Deoxyribonucleic acid for the defense bar
- "DNA Initiative."
- "June 2012."
- "NCJ 237975."
- Appendixes A-I are only available electronically at nij.gov/pubs-sum/237975.htm.
- 1 erratum page tipped in.
- Also available online.