Law in sport
KF4166 .C55 2012
- Unknown KF4166 .C55 2012
- Grady, John.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: The study of law in sport
- Intentional torts and criminal law
- Product liability
- First, fourth, and fourteenth amendments
- Fourteenth amendment and Title IX
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Contracts and representation
- Legal entities and employer-employee relationships
- Labor law and antitrust
- Intellectual property
- Risk, disaster, and recovery management.
- Publisher's Summary
- This 4th edition uses up-to-date and specific case examples to illustrate laws that apply to sport-related conflict. Throughout this reader-friendly text, students will become familiar with the basics of tort, constitutional, and business law. The new edition includes updated chapters, as well as an entirely new section devoted to risk and disaster management, which covers terrorism, storms, and other unforeseen events. The book also presents detailed analyses of Title IX and NCAA contemporary litigation, and a thorough exploration of gender equity. Law in Sport is a must-read for students interested in pursuing a career in sport management.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Annie Clement and John Grady.
- Title Variation
- Subtitle on cover: Concepts and cases
- Sport management library
- Rev. ed. of: Law in sport and physical activity / Annie Clement. 3rd ed. Sport and Law Press, c2004.
- Related Work
- Clement, Annie. Law in sport and physical activity.