Understanding anatomy & physiology : a visual, auditory, interactive approach
- Thompson, Gale Sloan.
- Philadelphia : F.A. Davis Co., c2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 486 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
QP38 .T46 2013
- Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
- 1.Organization of the Body-- Orientation to the Human Body-- Chemistry of Life-- Cells-- 2.Covering, support, and movement of the body-- Tissues-- Integumentary System-- Bones & Bone Tissue-- Skeletal System-- Joints-- Muscular System-- 3.Regulation and integration of the body-- Nervous System-- Sense Organs-- Endocrine System-- 4.Maintenance of the body-- Blood-- The Heart-- Vascular System-- Lymphatic & Immune Systems-- Respiratory System-- Urinary System-- Fluid, Electrolyte, & Acid-Base Balance-- Digestive System-- Nutrition & Metabolism-- 5.Continuity-- Reproductive Systems-- Pregnancy & Human Development-- Heredity.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A&P comes to life with this exceptionally visual, multimedia approach. Begin with an overview of the body, including its chemical and cellular structures, then progress to one-of-a-kind portrayals of each body system, grouped by function. A wealth of full-colour illustrations, figures, sidebars, helpful hints, and easy-to-read descriptions make information crystal clear. Each unique page spread provides an entire unit of understanding, breaking down complex concepts into easy-to-grasp sections. Plus, the CD-ROM offers animations, interactive exercises, and audio pronunciations for a complete learning experience. This text includes an overview of the body, including chemical and cellular structures; body-system organization, grouped by function; a focus on visual appeal - perfect for all reading levels and preferences; rich, comprehensive coverage providing a firm foundation in anatomy & physiology; consistent pedagogical features in each chapter, including..."That Makes Sense" boxes use clever ways e.g., mnemonics or practical examples, to help readers remember the material; "Fast Facts" offer interesting points relating to the body system covered in the chapter; "Life Lesson" boxes use clinical examples to show how anatomy and physiology relate to one's daily living; "Review of Terms" define key words at the end of each chapter; Multiple-choice review questions; "Learning Target" exercises help students reinforce what they learned in each chapter; and, "The Body AT WORK" boxes provide a brief summary of physiologic processes. It also includes bonus CD-ROM, and electronic Study Guide (Mac/PC Compatible) featuring...animations of the physiology processes with narration; "Body Language" drag-and-drop labeling exercises; matching exercise for each chapter; audio glossary with pronunciations for terms in the text; "Heart Sounds" audio tracks of songs with printable lyrics; and, links to Student Resources on DavisPlus, including: "Test Yourself", Body Language", Animations, and, Audio Podcasts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Gale Sloan Thompson.
- Title Variation
- Understanding anatomy and physiology
- Includes index.