Education and immigration
LC3746 .K36 2013
- Unknown LC3746 .K36 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-209) and index.
- 1 Education and the American Dream 1 2 Becoming American (or Not): Paths to Assimilation 25 3 Historical Overview of Immigration 51 4 Educational Attainment and Socioeconomic Status of Immigrant Adults 76 5 Educational Achievement and Outcomes of Children in Immigrant Families 106 6 Language and Educational Success 140 7 Conclusion 170 References 189 Index 210.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This insightful new book explores the educational outcomes of post-1965 immigrants and their children. The authors examine issues such as structural versus cultural theories of education stratification, the overlap of immigrant status with race and ethnicity, and the role of language in educational outcomes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Grace Kao, Elizabeth Vaquera, and Kimberly Goyette.
- Immigration and society series