Boardwalk empire. The complete first season [videorecording]
- Uniform Title
- Boardwalk empire (Television program). Season 1.
- English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Chinese, Thai. In English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish with optional subtitles in English, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Thai and Korean; closed-captioned in English.
- Burbank, CA : Home Box Office : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
- Physical description
- 5 videodiscs (ca. 732 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Library has: disc 1-
PN1992.77 .B57 B63 2012 SEASON 1
- Library has: disc 1-
- Winter, Terence. Creator
- Van Patten, Timothy, 1959- Author of screenplay
- Levinson, Stephen. Producer
- Wahlberg, Mark, 1971- Producer
- Scorsese, Martin Producer
- Simmons, Rudd. Producer
- Yorn, Rick. Producer
- Coatsworth, David. Producer
- Anderson, Brad, 1964- Director
- Coulter, Allen. Director
- Kirk, Brian, 1968- Director
- Jones, Simon Cellan Director
- Podeswa, Jeremy. Director
- Taylor, Alan, 1965- Director
- Jackson, Meg. Author of screenplay
- Nagle, Margaret, 1961- Author of screenplay
- Konner, Lawrence. Author of screenplay
- Korder, Howard. Author of screenplay
- Kornacki, Steve. Author of screenplay
- Simms, Paul. Author of screenplay
- Buscemi, Steve, 1958- Actor
- Pitt, Michael, 1981- Actor
- MacDonald, Kelly, 1976- Actor
- Shannon, Michael, 1974- Actor
- Whigham, Shea, 1969- Actor
- Palladino, Aleksa, 1980- Actor
- Stuhlbarg, Michael. Actor
- Graham, Stephen, 1973- Actor
- Piazza, Vincent Actor
- De la Huerta, Paz, 1984- Actor
- Williams, Michael Kenneth Actor
- Laciura, Anthony. Actor
- Sparks, Paul, 1971- Actor
- Coleman, Dabney, 1932- Actor
- Home Box Office (Firm)
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- HBO Entertainment (Firm)
- Leverage Entertainment.
- Disc 1. Boardwalk empire / produced by David Coatsworth, Rick Yorn ; written by Terence Winter ; directed by Martin Scorsese
- The ivory tower / written by Terence Winter ; directed by Tim Van Patten.
- Disc 2. Broadway limited / written by Margaret Nagle ; directed by Tim Van Patten
- Anastasia / written by Lawrence Konner & Margaret Nagle ; directed by Jeremy Podeswa
- Nights in Ballygran / written by Lawrence Konner ; directed by Alan Taylor.
- Disc 3. Family limitation / written by Howard Korder ; directed by Tim Van Patten
- Home / written by Tim Van Patten & Paul Simms ; directed by Allen Coulter
- Hold me in paradise / written by Meg Jackson ; directed by Brian Kirk.
- Disc 4. Belle femme / written by Steve Kornacki ; directed by Brad Anderson
- The emerald city / written by Lawrence Konner ; directed by Simon Cellan Jones.
- Disc 5. Paris Green / written by Howard Korder ; directed by Allen Coulter
- A return to normalcy / written by Terence Winter ; directed by Tim Van Patten.
- A lavish period drama set in Atlantic City, following the life and times of Nucky Thompson, the undisputed political and criminal mastermind whose grip on power and control of the city's liquor supply is under constant threat.
- Publication date
- HBO Entertainment ; Leverage ; Closest to the Hole Productions ; Sikelia Productions ; Cold Front Productions.
- Title Variation
- Boardwalk empire. Season 1
- Originally broadcast on television in 2010.
- Includes twelve episodes of the first season.
- Title from container.
- Based on the book "Boardwalk Empire" by Nelson Johnson.
- Bonus features: All discs. Character dossier; Season index. Disc 1. Audio commentary for 'Boardwalk empire' by Terence Winter. Disc 2. Commentary for 'Anastasia' by Terence Winter, Steve Buscemi and Michael Kenneth Williams. Disc 3. Commentary for 'Family limitation' by Tim Van Patten and Howard Korder; Commentary for 'Hold me in paradise' by Terence Winter and Brian Kirk. Disc 4. "Atlantic City: the original sin city" featurette; Speakeasy tour. Disc 5. Commentary for 'Paris Green' by Howard Korder, Allen Coulter and Michael Shannon; Commentary for 'A return to normalcy' by Terence Winter and Tim Van Patten; "Making of Boardwalk empire" featurette; "Creating the Boardwalk" featurette.
- Production Credits
- Executive producer, Tim Van Patten, Stephen Levinson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Scorsese, Terence Winter ; producer, Rudd Simmons, Rick Yorn ; created by Terence Winter ; director of photography, Stuart Dryburgh (ep. 1), Jonathan Freeman (ep. 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11), Kramer Morgenthau (ep. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12) ; edited by Sidney Wolinsky (ep. 1), Kate Sanford (ep. 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11), Tim Streeto (ep. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12); production designer, Bob Shaw ; co-producer, Steve Turner, Joseph Iberti ; co-executive producer, Lawrence Konner, Eugene Kelly.
- Steve Buscemi, Michael Pitt, Kelly MacDonald, Michael Shannon, Shea Whigham, Aleksa Palladino, Michael Stuhlbarg, Stephen Graham, Vincent Piazza, Paz de la Huerta, Michael Kenneth Williams, Anthony Laciura, Paul Sparks, Dabney Coleman.
- DVD; region 1, NTSC; widescreen (1.78) presentation; Dolby digital 5.1 surround (English and French) and 2.0 stereo. surround (Spanish).
- Related Work
- Johnson, Nelson, 1948- Boardwalk empire.
- Publisher Number
- 1000175202 Home Box Office
- 4000029356 Home Box Office
- 4000029355 Home Box Office
- 2000048683 Home Box Office
- 2000048684 Home Box Office
- 2000048685 Home Box Office
- 2000048686 Home Box Office
- 2000048687 Home Box Office