Assessing and restoring natural resources in post-conflict peacebuilding
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Earthscan, 2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 515 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
JZ6300 .A77 2012
- Unknown JZ6300 .A77 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Placing environment and natural resource risks, impacts, and opportunities no the post-conflict peacebuilding agenda / David Jensen and Steve Lonergan
- Evaluating the impact of UNEP's post-conflict environmental assessments / David Jensen
- Environment and peacebuilding in war-torn societies : lessons from the UN Environment Programme's experience with post-conflict assessment / Ken Conca and Jennifer Wallace
- Medical and environmental intelligence in peace operations and crisis management / Birgitta Liljedahl ... [et al.]
- Thinking back-end : improving post-conflict analysis through consulting, adapting to change, and scenario building / Alexander Carius and Achim Maas
- Salting the earth : environmental health challenges in post-conflict reconstruction / Chad Briggs and Inka Weissbecker
- Remediation of polluted sites in the Balkans, Iraq, and Sierra Leone / Muralee Thummarukudy, Oli Brown, and Hannah Moosa
- The risks of depleted uranium contamination in post-conflict countries : findings and lessons learned from UNEP field assessments / Mario Burger
- Linking demining to post-conflict peacebuilding : a case study of Cambodia / Nao Shimoyachi-Yuzawa
- Restoration of damaged land in societies recovering from conflict : the case of Lebanon / Aïda Tamer-Chammas
- Ecological restoration and peacebuilding : the case of the Iraqi marshes / Steve Lonergan
- Haiti : lessons learned and way forward in natural resource management projects / Lucile Gingembre
- Peacebuilding and adaptation to climate change / Richard Matthew and Anne Hammill
- Addressing infrastructure needs in post-conflict reconstruction : an introduction to alternative planning approaches / P.B. Anand
- Mitigating the environmental impacts of post-conflict asisstance : assessing USAID's approach / Charles Kelly
- Challenges and opportunities for mainstreaming environmental assessment tools in the post-conflict setting / George Bouma
- Environmental assessment as a tool for peacebuilding and development : initial lessons from capacity building in Sierra Leone / Oli Brown ... [et al.]
- Natural resources, post-conflict reconstruction, and regional integration : lessons from the Marshall Plan and other regional reconstruction efforts / Carl Bruch, Ross Wolfarth, and Vladislav Michalcik
- Making best use of domestic energy sources : the priority production system for coal mining and steel production in post-World War II Japan / Mikiyasu Nakayama
- Road infrastructure reconstruction as a peacebuilding priority in Afghanistan : negative implications for land rights / Jon Unruh and Mourad Shalaby
- Evaluating post-conflict assistance / Suppiramaniam Nanthikesan and Juha I. Uitto
- Natural resources and post-conflict restoration, remediation, and reconstruction : lessons and way forward / David Jensen and Steve Lonergan.
- Publication date
- edited by David Jensen and Steve Lonergan.