The emergence of organizations and markets
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxii, 583 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
HM786 .E44 2012
- Unknown HM786 .E44 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- The problem of emergence / John F. Padgett and Walter W. Powell
- Autocatalysis in chemistry and the origin of life / John F. Padgett
- Economic production as chemistry II / John F. Padgett, Peter McMahan, and Xing Zhong
- From chemical to social networks / John F. Padgett
- The emergence of corporate merchant-banks in Dugento Tuscany / John F. Padgett
- Transposition and refunctionality: the birth of partnership systems in renaissance Florence / John F. Padgett
- Country as global market: Netherlands, Calvinism, and the Joint-Stock Company / John F. Padgett
- Conflict displacement and dual inclusion in the construction of Germany / Jonathan Obert and John F. Padgett
- The politics of communist economic reform: Soviet Union and China / John F. Padgett
- Deviations from design: the emergence of new financial markets and organizations in Yeltsin's Russia / Andrew Spicer
- The emergence of the Russian mobile telecom market: local technical leadership and global investors in a shadow of the state / Valery Yakubovich and Stanislav Shekshnia
- Social sequence analysis: ownership networks, political ties, and foreign investment in Hungary / David Stark and Balázs Vedres
- Chance, nécessité, et naïveté: ingredients to create a new organizational form / Walter W. Powell and Kurt Sandholtz
- Organizational and institutional genesis: the emergence of high-tech clusters in the life sciences / Walter W. Powell, Kelley Packalen, and Kjersten Whittington
- An open elite: arbiters, catalysts, or gatekeepers in the dynamics of industry evolution? / Walter W. Powell and Jason Owen-Smith
- Academic laboratories and the reproduction of proprietary science: modeling organizational rules through autocatalytic networks / Jeannette A. Colyvas and Spiro Maroulis
- Why the valley went first: aggregation and emergence in regional inventor networks / Lee Fleming ... [et al.]
- Managing the boundaries of an "open" project / Fabrizio Ferraro and Siobhán O'Mahony
- Coda: reflections on the study of multiple networks / Walter W. Powell and John F. Padgett
- Publication date
- [edited by] John F. Padgett and Walter W. Powell.