Topics in hyperplane arrangements, polytopes and box-splines
QA691 .D43 2011
- Unknown QA691 .D43 2011
- Procesi, Claudio.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -379) and index.
- Preliminaries.- Polytopes.- Hyperplane Arrangements.- Fourier and Laplace Transforms.- Modules over the Weyl Algebra.- Differential and Difference Equations.- Approximation Theory I.- The Di?erentiable Case.- Splines.- RX as a D-Module.- The Function TX.- Cohomology.- Differential Equations.- The Discrete Case.- Integral Points in Polytopes.- The Partition Functions.- Toric Arrangements.- Cohomology of Toric Arrangements.- Polar Parts.- Approximation Theory.- Convolution by B(X).- Approximation by Splines.- Stationary Subdivisions.- The Wonderful Model.- Minimal Models.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Topics in Hyperplane Arrangements, Polytopes and Box-Splines brings together many areas of research that focus on methods to compute the number of integral points in suitable families or variable polytopes. The topics introduced expand upon differential and difference equations, approximation theory, cohomology, and module theory. This book, written by two distinguished authors, engages a broad audience by proving the a strong foudation. This book may be used in the classroom setting as well as a reference for researchers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Corrado De Concini, Claudio Procesi.