Includes bibliographical references (p. 383-390) and indexes.
2. Optimality conditions
3. Unconstrained optimization problems
4. Linearly constrained optimization problems
5. Nonlinearly constrained optimization problems
6. Interior-point methods for linear optimization
7. Semidefinite optimization
8. Global optimization.
Optimization---Theory and Practice offers a modern and well-balanced presentation of various optimization techniques and their applications. The book's clear structure, sound theoretical basics complemented by insightful illustrations and instructive examples, makes it an ideal introductory textbook and provides the reader with a comprehensive foundation in one of the most fascinating and useful branches of mathematics.