Green architecture now! = Grüne Architektur heute! = L'architecture verte d'aujourd'hui! 2
- Jodidio, Philip.
- English, German, French. Text in English, German and French.
- Cologne : Taschen, c2012.
- Physical description
- 416 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 26 cm.
The Art & Architecture Library is closed July 25 - Sept. 9 during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. The collection is not accessible during this period. Please contact Interlibrary Borrowing to obtain this title.
NA2542.36 .J63 2012
- Unknown NA2542.36 .J63 2012
- Publisher's Summary
- Sustainability gone chic. Building a better future for our planet. Green architecture used to be on the fringes, but it has gone mainstream and this new volume shows, how, why, and where. This is not a technical handbook, but rather a guided tour from one end of the globe to another where sustainability has not only gone chic, but has become indispensible. Solar panels and double glazing to the rescue - the energy bill is going down! As always in the "Architecture Now" books, you can discover the latest realizations of "stars" like Peter Zumthor and Bernard Tschumi, but also catch up on the rising new generation of architects, from Korea to Vietnam, from Los Angeles to Berlin. "Green Architecture Now! 2" is the only place where a tunnel of flower pots by Olafur Eliasson and a Waste to Energy plant with a ski slope on top by BIG come together with a bang. This is no ordinary architecture book - it is an up-to-the-minute, irreverent survey of something we all care about: how to save the planet and build a greener future. Forget about categories and certainties, find out how sustainability can be fun!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Philip Jodidio.
- Title Variation
- Grüne Architektur heute!
- Architecture verte d'aujourd'hui!
- Includes indexes.