The teacher's guide to world music
- Doherty, Conor.
- London : Rhinegold Education, 2012.
- Physical description
- 171 p. : ill., music ; 21 cm.
ML3798 .D64 2012
- Unknown ML3798 .D64 2012
- Knight, Richard.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A Personal Encounter Introduction Definitions The Value of World Music Exploring World Music Issues in World Music Andean Music Calypso Celtic Music Indian Music Javanese Gamelan Samba Tango West African Music.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The book covers eight different world-music styles, from calypso and samba to Javanese gamelan and west African music. Each chapter presents succinct background and contextual information; a breakdown of the characteristic features of the style; an analysis of a typical piece; suggestions for composing and performing projects; and advice on where to find further supporting resources. Each of these chapters is accompanied by a YouTube playlist that pulls together musicians and pieces which exemplify the style. There is also a brief discussion of some of the most important issues in world music, which will enable you to teach it with confidence.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Conor Doherty & Richard Knight.