Recognizing catastrophic incident warning signs in the process industries [electronic resource]
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxix, 227 p.) : ill.
- CCPS concept book.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Incident Mechanics
- Leadership and Culture
- Training and Competency
- Process Safety Information
- Asset Integrity
- Analyzing Risk and Managing Change
- Learning from Experience
- Physical Warning Signs
- A Call to Action
- Appendix A. Incident Warning Sign Self-Assessment Tool
- Appendix B. Composite List of Catastrophic Incident Warning Signs
- References and Selected Regulations
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- "This book provides guidance on characterizing, recognizing, and responding to warning signs to help avoid process incidents and injuries before they occur. The guidance can be used by both process safety management (PSM) professionals in evaluating their processes and PSM systems as well as for operators who are often the frontline defense against process incidents. Warning signs may consist of process deviations or upsets, instrumentation warnings or alarms, past operating history and incidents, observable problems such as corrosion or unusual odors, audit results indicating procedures are not being followed, or a number of other indicators. Filled with photos and practical tips, this book will turn anyone in a process plant into a hazard lookout and will help prevent potential incidents before they turn into catastrophic events"--Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Center for Chemical Process Safety of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- A CCPS concept book
- Available in another form
- Print version: Recognizing catastrophic incident warning signs in the process industries. Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2012 9780470767740 (DLC) 2011033614 (OCoLC)744299387