Citizen voices : performing public participation in science and environment communication
- Bristol, UK ; Chicago : Intellect, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 231 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- European Communication Research and Education Association series.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part I Public participation and media
- When citizens matter in the mass mediation of science : the role of imagined audiences in multidirectional communication processes / Ursula Plesner
- Contested ethanol dreams : public participation in environmental news / Annika Egan Sjölander and Anna Maria Jönsson
- Citizen action and post-socialist journalism : the responses of journalists to a citizen campaign against government policy towards smoking / Pavel P. Antonov
- Discourse communities as catalysts for science and technology communication / Hedwig te Molder
- Online talk : how exposure to disagreement in online comments affects beliefs in the promise of controversial science / Ashley A. Anderson, Dominique Brossard, Dietram A. Scheufele and Michael A. Xenos
- Part II Public participation and formal public engagement initiatives
- Communicating about climate change in a citizen consultation : dynamics of exclusion and inclusion / Louise Phillips
- Public engagement as a field of tension between bottom-up and top-down strategies : critical discourse moments in an "energy town" / anders Horsbøl and Inger Lassen
- The stem cell network : communicating social science through a spatial installation / Maja Horst
- Issue-centred exploration with a citizen panel : knowledge communication and ICTs in participatory city governance / Pauliina Lehtonen and Jarkko Bamberg.
- Publication date
- edited by Louise Phillips, Anabela Carvalho and Julie Doyle.
- European Communication Research and Education Association series