Design engineer's handbook
- Richards, Keith L.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxv, 358 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
TJ153 .R48 2013
- Unknown TJ153 .R48 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Torsion of solid sections
- Design and analysis of lugs and shear pins
- Mechanical fasteners
- Limits and fits
- Thick cylinders
- Compound cylinders
- The design and analysis of helical compression springs manufactured from round wire
- Introduction to analytical stress analysis and the use of the Mohr circle
- Introduction to experimental stress analysis
- Introduction to fatigue and fracture
- Introduction to geared systems
- Introduction to cams and followers.
- This book conveys the author's insights from his decades of experience in fields ranging from machine tools to aerospace. Sharing the vast knowledge and experience that has served him well in his own career, this book is specifically aimed at the student design engineer who has left full- or part-time academic studies and requires a handy reference handbook to use in practice.
- Publication date
- Keith L. Richards.