Purification of laboratory chemicals
- Armarego, W. L. F.
- 7th ed.
- Oxford : Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxii, 1,002 p. ; 28 cm.
TP156 .P83 A76 2013
- In-library use TP156 .P83 A76 2013
- Chai, Christina Li Lin.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- A best seller since 1966, "Purification of Laboratory Chemicals" keeps engineers, scientists, chemists, biochemists and students up to date with the purification of the chemical reagents with which they work, the processes for their purification, and guides readers on critical safety and hazards for the safe handling of chemicals and processes. The Seventh Edition is fully updated and provides expanded coverage of the latest commercially available chemical products and processing techniques, safety and hazards: over 200 pages of coverage of new commercially available chemicals since the previous edition. The only comprehensive chemical purification reference, a market leader since 1966, Amarego delivers essential information for research and industrial chemists, pharmacists and engineers: "...it will be the most commonly used reference book in any chemical or biochemical laboratory". ("MDPI Journal"). It is an essential lab practice and proceedures manual. It improves efficiency, results and safety by providing critical information for day-to-day lab and processing work. Improved, clear organization and new indexing delivers accurate, reliable information on processes and techniques of purification along with detailed physical properties. The sixth edition has been reorganised and is fully indexed by CAS Registry Numbers; compounds are now grouped to make navigation easier; literature references for all substances and techniques have been added; ambiguous alternate names and cross references removed; new chemical products and processing techniques are covered; hazards and safety remain central to the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Wilfred L.F. Armarego, Christina Li Lin Chai.