Sport for development, peace, and social justice
- Morgantown, WV : Fitness Information Technology, c2012.
- Physical description
- vi, 288 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Sport & global cultures series.
GV706.5 .S658 2012
- Unknown GV706.5 .S658 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sport as a possible intervention : an introduction / Robert J. Schinke and Stephanie J. Hanrahan
- Developing peace through community sport in multi-ethnic South African contexts / Marion Keim
- The Doves Olympic Movement Project : integrating Olympism, development, and peace / Alexis Lyras
- Soccer as a mediator for fostering relationships and building peace among Jewish and Arab players / Ronnie Lidor and Boris Blumenstein
- Working through distrust with a Canadian First Nation through sport research / Robert J. Schinke ... [et al.]
- Rethinking community-based crime prevention through sports / Douglas Hartmann
- Postcolonial and feminist critiques of sport for development / Audrey R. Giles and Meghan Lynch
- Making space for gay sport participants / Barbara Ravel
- Examining the spectrum of inclusion and opportunity in sport for persons with disabilities / Ted Fay and Eli Wolff
- Developing adolescents' self-worth and life satisfaction through physically active games : interventions with orphans and teenagers living in poverty / Stephanie J. Hanrahan
- Using sport to promote HIV/AIDS education among at-risk youths in sub-Saharan Africa / Glyn C. Roberts, Cyprian Maro, and Marit Sørensen
- Future directions in youth leadership research in sport / Daniel Gould, Dana K. Voelker, and Jed Blanton
- Youth sports : what counts as "positive development"? / Jay Coakley
- Revelation at the Superdome : race, class, and politics in post-Katrina America / Michael D. Giardina and C.L. Cole
- Investing in communities : sporting events and social responsibility / Laura Misener and Daniel S. Mason
- Intercollegiate athletics' role in donor development in higher education / Jeffrey L. Stinson and Dennis R. Howard
- Corporate philanthropic activity related to sport : what works and what doesn't / Shane Pegg and Ian Patterson
- Conclusions and future directions / Stephanie J. Hanrahan and Robert J. Schinke.
- Publication date
- Robert J. Schinke, Stephanie J. Hanrahan, editors.
- Sport & global cultures series