Living rainbow H2O
- Ho, Mae-Wan.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2012.
- Physical description
- xx, 330 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
GB661.2 .H6 2012
- Unknown GB661.2 .H6 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 301-319) and indexes.
- Rainbow Dancing in the Worm-- Weird and Wonderful Water-- Cooperative Coherent Water-- Water and Colloid Crystals-- Quantum Coherent Water-- QED Water I-- QED Water II-- QED Water III-- Dancing with Ions-- Dancing with Proteins-- Dancing with DNA-- Water at Solid Interfaces-- Water Electric-- Water + Air = Life-- Water Meets Air-- Water Meets Membranes-- The Rainbow Ensemble-- True Portrait of Cell-- Water in Nanospace-- Protein and Water in Nanospace-- Fire and Water-- Water Fuels the Dynamo of Life-- Electronic Induction Animates Life.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a unique synthesis of the latest findings in the quantum physics and chemistry of water that will tell you why it is so remarkably fit for life. It offers a novel panoramic perspective of cell biology based on water as "means, medium, and message" of life. This book is a sequel to "The Rainbow and The Worm", "The Physics of Organisms", which has remained in a class of its own for nearly 20 years since the publication of the first edition. "Living Rainbow H2O" continues the fascinating journey in the author's quest for the meaning of life, in science and beyond. Like "The Rainbow and The Worm", the present book will appeal to readers in the arts and humanities as well as scientists; not least because the author herself is an occasional artist and poet. Great care has been taken to explain terms and concepts for the benefit of the general reader. At the same time, sufficient scientific details are provided in text boxes for the advanced reader and researcher without interrupting the main story.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Mae-Wan Ho.