Plain English for drafting statutes and rules
- Martineau, Robert J.
- New Providence, NJ : LexisNexis, c2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 136, 5 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
KF250 .M365 2012
- Unknown KF250 .M365 2012
- Martineau, Robert J., Jr.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The never ending struggle
- How statutes get made in a legislative body
- Federal administrative and court rulemaking
- State rulemaking
- Statutes and rules in the courts
- Mandatory form and language
- Arrangement of bill sections
- The effect of structure and style on substance
- The drafting process
- Plain English principles on word choice
- Ambiguous and other troublesome words
- Plain English principles and rules on drafting a sentence
- Rules on drafting specific provisions or words.
- Publication date
- Robert J. Martineau, Robert J. Martineau, Jr.