Commanding grace : studies in Karl Barth's ethics
- Grand Rapids, Mich. : W.B. Eerdmans Pub. Co., 2010.
- Physical description
- x, 255 p. ; 23 cm.
BJ1251 .C693 2010
- Unknown BJ1251 .C693 2010
- Migliore, Daniel L., 1935-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Commanding grace : Karl Barth's theological ethics / Daniel L. Migliore
- Karl Barth's ethics revisited / Nigel Biggar
- The Spirit and the letter : Protestant Thomism and Nigel Biggar's "Karl Barth's ethics revisited" / Eric Gregory
- Karl Barth and just war : a conversation with Roman Catholicism / William Werpehowski
- Barth and Werpehowski on war, presumption, and exception / John R. Bowlin
- Barth and democracy : political witness without ideology / David Haddorff
- Karl Barth and the varieties of democracy : a response to David Haddorff's "Barth and democracy : political witness without ideology" / Todd V. Cioffi
- Crime, punishment, and atonement : Karl Barth on the death of Christ / Timothy Gorringe
- For us and for our salvation : a response to Timothy Gorringe / Katherine Sonderegger
- Barth and the economy of grace / Kathryn Tanner
- Karl Barth on the economy : in dialogue with Kathryn Tanner / Christopher R. J. Holmes
- Barth and the Christian as ethical agent : an ontological study of the shape of Christian ethics / Paul T. Nimmo
- Karl Barth's conception(s) of human and divine freedom(s) / Jesse Couenhoven
- Publisher's Summary
- In this seminal volume, thirteen contemporary theologians revisit the theological ethics of Karl Barth as it bears on such topics as the moral significance of Jesus Christ, the Christian as ethical agent, the just war theory, the virtues and limits of democracy, and the difference between an economy of competition and possession and an economy of grace.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Daniel L. Migliore.
- Title Variation
- Studies in Karl Barth's ethics
- Chiefly proceedings of a conference held June 22-25, 2008 at Princeton Theological Seminary.