National security law in the news : a guide for journalists, scholars, and policymakers
- Chicago : American Bar Association, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 412 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
KF4850 .N39 2012
- Unknown KF4850 .N39 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Separation of powers and national security / by Vijay M. Padmanabhan
- The First Amendment and national security / by Julia Atcherley and Lee Levine
- U.S. government secrecy and classification / by John R. Tunheim and Andrew M. Borene
- The role of international law in domestic courts / by Deborah Pearlstein
- Defining terrorism under international law / by David Scharia
- The laws of war : regulating the use of force / by Geoffrey S. Corn and Laurie R. Blank
- Secret operations : covert action and military activities / by Benjamin Powell
- Piracy / by Eugene Kontorovich
- The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea / by Glenn M. Sulmasy and Christ Tribolet
- Targeted killings and the law / by Amos N. Guiora
- Military commissions / by David W. Glazier
- Courts-martial and other military legal proceedings / by Jim McPherson
- U.S.-based intelligence : the law and organizational structure / by W. Renn Gade and Harvey Rishikof
- National security investigations / by Todd Hinnen
- Electronic surveillance and cybersecurity / by James X. Dempsey
- Material support of terrorism : tool for public safety or recipe for overreaching? / by Peter Margulies
- Extraterritorial issues : investigation and prosecution of national security cases / by Jennifer C. Daskal
- Data mining : a primer / by Adam Isles
- Exports of surveillance technology to repressive regimes / by Michael T. Gershberg
- The use of the military in the homeland / by Kurt Johnson
- Border security and the law / by Susan Ginsburg
- Airport screening and scanning / by J. Bennet Waters and Paul Rosenzweig
- Responding to biological attacks / by Barry Kellman.
- Publication date
- edited by Timothy J. McNulty, Paul Rosenzweig, and Ellen Shearer.
- "A joint project of the ABA Standing Committee on Law and National Security and the Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University"--P. [iv] of cover.