Handbook of spatial cognition
- 1st ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2013.
- Physical description
- x, 309 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Frameworks for understanding spatial thought, or, Wrapping our heads around space / David Waller and Lynn Nadel
- pt. 1. Neuroscientific dimensions of spatial cognition. Hippocampus and related areas : what the place cell literature tells us about cognitive maps in rats and humans / A. David Redish and Arne Ekstrom ; Parietal contributions to spatial cognition / Raymond P. Kesner and Sarah H. Creem-Regehr
- pt. 2. Online systems : acquisition and maintenance of spatial information. Spatial perception and action / Brett R. Fajen and Flip Phillips ; Multisensory contributions to spatial perception / Betty J. Mohler, Massimiliano Di Luca, and Heinrich H. Bülthoff ; Perception of spatial relations during self-motion / John W. Philbeck and Jesse Sargent ; Individual and group differences in spatial ability / Beth M. Casey
- pt. 3. Offline systems : encoding, storage, and retrieval of spatial information. Spatial memory : place learning, piloting, and route knowledge / Ken Cheng and Paul Graham ; Cognitive maps / Lynn Nadel ; Spatial memory : properties and organization / Timothy P. McNamara ; The development of location coding : an adaptive combination account / Mark P. Holden and Nora S. Newcombe ; Models of spatial cognition / Stephen C. Hirtle
- pt. 4. Interpersonal dimensions of spatial cognition. I go right, north, and over : processing spatial language / Holly A. Taylor and Tad T. Brunyé ; Functions and applications of spatial cognition / Daniel R. Montello and Martin Raubal ; Wayfinding, navigation, and environmental cognition from a naturalist's stance / Harry Heft.
- Publication date
- edited by David Waller and Lynn Nadel.
- Title Variation
- Spatial cognition