The changing Russian university : from state to market
- Maximova-Mentzoni, Tatiana.
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 196 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Routledge contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe series ; 42.
LA839.4 .M39 2013
- Unknown LA839.4 .M39 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -189) and index.
- Marketization in focus. Russia in transition, university in change ; Unique context for university marketization ; The Russian university in change ; Status before the major market-oriented transformations ; Status after the major market-oriented transformations ; Focus of the book ; The studied phenomen of marketization ; Why study marketization of the Russian university? ; Outline of the book ; Marketization: uncovering the concept ; What is "marketization"? ; Cowebs of interpretations ; The grounds for understanding marketization ; Marketization of higher education sector: an international perspective ; Origins and nature of marketization ; Features of university marketization ; Pros and cons of marketization ; A new analytical framework to study university marketization ; Methodological issues
- The Russian university and marketization: highlighting key points. Diffusion of market ideology and its impact on the Russian university ; Studying engagement in marketing actitivies ; Ideological landscape at the Russian university in the beginning of the 1990s ; The Russian university starts earning ; The Russian university intensifies use of marketing practices ; To market, to market!!! : but how??? ; External relations ; The role of the state in university-state relations ; University - industry relationships ; Inter-university relationships of an international nature
- Missions. To survive ; Simply to serve as a university ; To help getting the first job ; To be engaged in research
- Internal functioning. Academic structure ; Material resources ; Professional resources ; Student resources
- Marketization of the Russian university : first lessons. Is "ordered" to survive or the ways in which a particular Russian state university adapts to the market conditions. Marketization and missions of BSTU ; To survive ; Simply to serve as a university ; Understanding the terms ; History of the status change ; To educate ; To be engaged in research ; PhD studies at
- Student construction technical bureau ; To develop a student's personality ; To help graduates get their first job ; To encourage a particular university "esprit de corps"
- Marketization and university functioning. Academic structure ; Material resources ; The faculty ; Salary issue ; Employment and age issues ; Students ; Student welfare ; Basic grounding ; Commercial students.
- Education, Higher > Russia (Federation) > Marketing.
- Education, Higher > Economic aspects > Russia (Federation)
- Educational change > Economic aspects > Russia (Federation)
- Education and state > Economic aspects > Russia (Federation)
- Universities and colleges > Russia (Federation)
- Research > Economic aspects > Russia (Federation)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Tatiana Maximova-Mentzoni.
- Routledge contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe series ; 42