Africans in global migration : searching for promised lands
- Lanham, MD : Lexington Books, 2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 326 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Searching for promised lands: conceptualization of the African diaspora in migration / John A. Arthur, Joseph Takougang, and Thomas Owusu
- The role of Ghanaian immigrant associations in Canada / Thomas Owusu
- Identity formation and integration among bicultural immigrant Blacks / Msia Kibona Clark
- Identity politics of Ghanaian immigrants in the Greater Cincinnati area: emerging geography and sociology of immigrant experiences / Ian E.A. Yeboah
- Reconciling multiple Black identities: the case of 1.5 and 2.0 Nigerian immigrants / Janet T. Awokoya
- Making in-roads: African immigrants and business opportunities in the United States / Joseph Takougang and Bassirou Tidjani
- Geography of globalized nursing markets: Zimbabwean migrant nurse trajectory and work experiences in the United Kingdom / Ian E.A. Yeboah and Tatenda T. Mambo
- Relationships among Blacks in the diaspora: African and Caribbean immigrants and American-born Blacks / Nemata Blyden
- Conceptualizing the attitudes of African Americans towards United States immigration policies / John A. Arthur
- African immigrant relationships with homeland countries / Mojúbàolú Olúfúnké Okome
- African women in the new diaspora: transnationalism and the (re)creation of home / Mary Johnson Osirim
- Border questions in African diaspora literature / Hilary Chala Kowino
- Modeling the determinants of voluntary reverse migration flows and repatriations of African immigrants / John A. Arthur
- Africans in global migration: still searching for promised lands / John A. Arthur and Thomas Owusu.
- Publication date
- edited by John A. Arthur, Joseph Takougang, Thomas Owusu.