Handbook of finite state based models and applications
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 397 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Discrete mathematics and its applications.
QA76.9 .A43 H364 2013
- Unknown QA76.9 .A43 H364 2013
- Wang, Jiacun, editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Finite Automata, Rana Barua and Kishan Chand Gupta Large-Scale Regular Expression Matching on FPGA, Yi-Hua E. Yang and Viktor K. Prasanna Finite State Transducers, Javier Baliosian and Dina Wonsever Tree Automata, Olivier Gauwin Timed Automata, Jun Sun, Yang Liu, and Jin Song Dong Quantum Finite Automata, Daowen Qiu, Lvzhou Li, Paulo Mateus, and Jozef Gruska Finite Automata Minimization, Marco Almeida, Nelma Moreira, and Rogerio Reis Incremental Construction of Finite-State Automata, Jan Daciuk Esterel and the Semantics of Causality, Mohammad Reza Mousavi Regular Path Queries on Graph-Structured Data, Alex Thomo and S. Venkatesh Applying Timed Automata to Model Checking of Security Protocols, Miroslaw Kurkowski and Wojciech Penczek Optimal Adaptive Pattern-Matching Using Finite State Automata, Nadia Nedjah and Luiza de Macedo Mourelle Finite State Automata in Compilers, Yang Zhao Finite State Models for XML Processing, Murali Mani Petri Nets, Jiacun Wang Statecharts, Hanlin Lu and Sheng Yu Model Checking, Zhenhua Duan and Cong Tian System Modeling with UML State Machines, Omar El Ariss and Dianxiang Xu Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Applicable to any problem that requires a finite number of solutions, finite state-based models (also called finite state machines or finite state automata) have found wide use in various areas of computer science and engineering. Handbook of Finite State Based Models and Applications provides a complete collection of introductory materials on finite state theories, algorithms, and the latest domain applications. For beginners, the book is a handy reference for quickly looking up model details. For more experienced researchers, it is suitable as a source of in-depth study in this area. The book first introduces the fundamentals of automata theory, including regular expressions, as well as widely used automata, such as transducers, tree automata, quantum automata, and timed automata. It then presents algorithms for the minimization and incremental construction of finite automata and describes Esterel, an automata-based synchronous programming language for embedded system software development. Moving on to applications, the book explores regular path queries on graph-structured data, timed automata in model checking security protocols, pattern matching, compiler design, and XML processing. It also covers other finite state-based modeling approaches and applications, including Petri nets, statecharts, temporal logic, and UML state machine diagrams.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Jiacun Wang.
- Discrete mathematics and its applications