Beyond territoriality : transnational legal authority in an age of globalization
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhofff Publishers, 2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 565 p. ; 25 cm.
- Queen Mary studies in international law ; v. 11.
KZ3678 .B49 2012
- Unknown KZ3678 .B49 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Extra-territoriality and transnational legal authority / Günther Handl
- Community and jurisdictional authority / Adeno Addis
- Extra-territorial legal problems in a world without nations : what the medieval jurists could teach us / James Gordley
- Defining the space of transnational law : legal theory, global governance and legal pluralism / Peer Zumbansen
- Governance without government : an overview / Larry Catá Backer
- Extra-territoriality of pollution control laws from a European perspective / Eckhard Rehbinder
- The curious legal landscape of the extra-territoriality of US environmental laws / Jonathan Remy Nash
- Territoriality and extra-territoriality in intellectual property law / Alexander Peukert
- Access of transnational litigation to American courts : re-thinking the adequacy of alternative forum and interests in global efficiency / Edward F. Sherman
- Constitutions in transfer : territoriality and extra-territoriality / Günther Frankenberg
- The territoriality and migration of fundamental rights / Stefan Kadelbach
- Maritime law, the epitome of transnational legal authority / Martin Davies
- Jurisdiction in cyberspace / Joachim Zekoll
- Transnational capital market regulation and the role of the stock exchange / Onnig H. Dombalagian
- Transnational legal authority in competition law and governance : territoriality, commonality and networks / Imelda Maher
- Modern international investment law as an example of extra-territorial law-making and law-enforcement / Rainier Hofmann
- Extra-territoriality in the context of WTO law / Friedl Weiss
- Proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, a problem of extra-territoriality / Michael Bothe
- Constructing transnational climate regimes / Eric Dannenmaier
- The regulatory landscape of global governance and transnational legal authority / Peer Zumbansen.
- Publisher's Summary
- Taking "extraterritoriality, " the traditional touchstone for the state-centered allocation of transnational legal authority, as its conceptual starting point the book traces the evolution of transnational legal authority in the course of globalization. It examines various representative transnational legal scenarios, covering issues of, inter alia, the environment, foreign trade and investment, corporate governance, criminal justice, cyberspace, and arms control. The end result is a complex, yet nuanced picture of today's global governance architecture in which transnational legal authority may be exercised unilaterally or multilaterally; be minimally coordinated internationally or formally institutionalized; reflect a traditional state-centered, a supra-national or "privatized approach; and be rooted in a single or a multiple-layered normative system.".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Gunther Handl, Joachim Zekoll and Peer Zumbansen.
- Queen Mary studies in international law ; v. 11