Foreign direct investment and human development : the law and economics of international investment agreements
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, c2013.
- Physical description
- x, 347 p. ; 24 cm.
K3830 .F67 2013
- Unknown K3830 .F67 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Foreign direct investment and human development / Olivier De Schutter, Jo Swinnen and Jan Wouters
- International investment law : the perpetual search for consensus / Jan Wouters, Nicolas Hachez and Sanderijn Duquet
- Foreign direct investment as an engine for economic growth and human development : a review of the arguments and empirical evidence / Liesbeth Colen, Miet Maertens and Jo Swinnen
- Determinants of foreign direct investment flows to developing countries : the role of international investment agreements / Liesbeth Colen, Miet Maertens and Jo Swinnen
- What type of foreign direct investment is attracted by bilateral investment treaties? / Liesbeth Colen and Andrea Guariso
- The capital-importing state : improving the monitoring of international invesment agreements at the national level / Olivier De Schutter
- Risk managers or risk promoters : the impacts of export credit and investment insurance agencies on human development and human rights / Matthias Sant'Ana
- Improving the framework of negotiations on international investment agreements / Philip De Man and Jan Wouters
- The role of development banks : the European investment bank's substantive and procedural accountability principles with regard to human rights, social and environmental concerns / Nicolas Hachez and Jan Wouters.
- Publication date
- edited by Olivier De Schutter, Johan F. Swinnen and Jan Wouters.